Wednesday, October 21, 2009

For the Love of Soup!

When it's a bit chilly outside, there's nothing better for lunch than a good bowl of soup. I needed to catch up with my pal, Haley last week and we decided to meet at The Soup Place.

We both got the special of the day--a potato, sausage, spinach soup. It was so good. A starchy soup like potato is usually very filling but I just can't go to The Soup Place and not have one of their delicious grilled cheeses. So I went for the small bowl (plenty filling) and half a grilled cheese. I opted to build my own instead of going with one of the suggestions on the menu. I went with sour dough bread, cheddar, green peppers, and tomato. Yum! My only suggestion to The Soup Place would be to add green chillis to their grilled cheese veggie choices. I had a grilled cheese in Albuquerque, NM once that had 3 cheeses, green chillis and tomatos. That was years ago but I still remember it.

We asked about your favorite local soup spots in Billings on our Facebook Page. Suggestions we received included--The Back Porch Deli, Soups and Such, The Soup Place, Staggering Ox (I always think sandwiches there and never even consider soup! Might have to try it), Caramel Waffle Cookie, Grains of Montana, Great Harvest, Pickle Barrel, Old Chicago's Cheddar Broccoli, Olive Garden, and French Onion from Bin 119. We've got a lot of great places to try. Are we missing any?
blog comments powered by Disqus