Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Have you been to Cafe DeCamp?

When one of my co-workers came back from lunch raving about Cafe DeCamp another co-worker and I decided we had better give it a try. Cafe DeCamp is in the old Mamacita's location. I had never been to Mamacita's but I've heard that it was a favorite local spot for many.

So, what's so great about the place? Well, Cafe DeCamp focuses on serving local Montana grown foods and you can definitely taste the freshness. I went for the quiche of the day served with potato hash and a small salad with a vinaigrette dressing. My co-worker went for the empanadas which were served with Mamacita's salsa. There was a meat loaf sandwich on the menu that was also calling my name but I didn't want to go back to work so full. You won't find the usual soft drink and beverage selections. They serve peppermint iced tea, Italian sodas and espresso drinks.

Cafe DeCamp is small and quaint. I only stepped inside briefly so I can't explain the decor. We decided to sit outside on the patio wich seems more like a "courtyard" as it is fully fenced with a brick wall on one side and all sides are nearly fully covered with leaves. It's a nice shady spot to have lunch on a warm day.

The only bad thing is that it, like Mamacita's is just in a weird location. Most of the businesses around it are industrial and it just seems a bit out of place. But, it was busy so the location doesn't seem to affect them much. And the new First Interstate Building is just a block or two away so I'm sure they'll catch some patrons from there.

I thought it was a great place to take a break from the daily grind and have lunch that was fresh, healthy and local.
blog comments powered by Disqus