Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shopping for the Holidays

It's that time of year! Billings is bustling with Holiday shoppers. I was off of work yesterday morning and needed a couple of things at Costco and the place was packed! How can Costco be so busy on a Tuesday morning? I suppose it is a good sign for our local economy.

Once again, Christmas crept right up really fast after Thanksgiving and now I am in a panic as I have very little shopping done! I just can't get in the mood to do my holiday shopping until after Thanksgiving. Those who begin their shopping in August absolutely baffle me. Then, there's those really prepared people who start their shopping the day after Christmas for the next Christmas and they get in on the dirt cheep deals. I'm partially envious of their preparedness but think they are nuts at the same time.

My plan is to try to do Rimrock Mall, Best Buy and other West End stores in the next few evenings after work when they aren't quite so busy. Then, I'd like to make it Downtown over the weekend to check out the specialty stores and boutiques. I always find something fun at Marcasa and I haven't had a chance to check out the new Bottega Men's and Women's Clothing Gallery yet. Several of my friends have had great things to say about the boutique. They've said that they have some really unique clothes and that they range in price from very affordable to...well, luxurious. I can't wait to take a peek. Hopefully, I can keep my focus on shopping for gifts for others!
blog comments powered by Disqus