Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We've Launched!

Billings365.com has launched. We are so excited to see this day come. Billings365.com will strive to be your source for finding "Things to Do" in Billings, MT. We hope that you will find the site useful. You'll be able to look up Billings Events including Nightlife, Sports & Rec, Music & Entertainment, and more! Our Directory will feature great restaurants, attractions, shopping opportunities, and other businesses that help make Billings the great town it is.

So why did I start the site? Well, I grew up in Baker, MT--a small town way in the southeast corner of the state. Growing up, Billings really was the "Big" city. When we visited Billings it was a treat. We would go to the mall, go out to eat, and maybe catch a movie. When my husband and I moved here after college in Bozeman, I still loved all of those things about Billings but also wanted to find out what was authentic and inherently local about Billings. I felt like it was not always so easy to find out what was going on in town, where you could catch live music on the weekend, or just find something to do in general.

What I have discovered after living here for almost 5 years now (hard to believe it has been that long already) is that Billings is a community with a great quality of life. From the public parks and other nearby outdoor recreational opportunities, the many cultural organizations (theaters, museums, etc.), and the various businesses that make up our community, we really do have a lot to offer. I hate when I hear people say, "There's nothing to do in Billings". I really think that if you feel that way, you probably aren't trying hard enough to find something to do. We've got live music in various venues several nights a week, live theater and other cultural events nearly every week, Big events at MetraPark and Alberta Bair on a regular basis and so much more. I hope that this site will help bring together all of the assets of Billings and will help people seek out and support our local businesses and local events. I believe that support will help us to continue to build a thriving community.
blog comments powered by Disqus