Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Full Monty at Venture Theatre

My friend, Katie, and I went to The Full Monty at Venture Theatre last weekend. Now, to be completely honest, Katie had to clue me in on the whole premise of the show before we went. I hadn't seen the movie or the play before.

The show starts off with a provocative male dancer and this Catholic girl was already blushing. I started wondering what I had gotten myself into and wondered if all of the guys in the audience were thinking the same thing!

However, it quickly became clear it wasn't going to be some thunder down under show. It's really about regular guys who've found themselves unemployed and down on their luck. You know the saying "desperate times call for desperate measures," so they decide to take a que from the Chippendale's dancers who had been at the local bar and create their own male review. Along the way they learn a lot about their friendships, relationships and themselves.

I had such a fun time at this show. It's been so successful that Venture has extended it another week. You've got two more chances to see them "bare it all" this Friday and Saturday, both shows at 8pm.

Coincidentally, The Men of Playgirl are slated to be at the Wild West on October 24th. Tickets are $10 and $15 for VIP and available at The Wild West and Surfer Joe's.
blog comments powered by Disqus